Thread: Interesting take on things by the Associated Press

Interesting take on things by the Associated Press

The Associated Press announced last month it would capitalize the word “Black” when used to describe racial, ethnic or cultural topics, but decided this week that “White” will not receive the same treatment -- partially because the newsgathering service feels capitalizing “White” could subtly legitimize white supremacy beliefs.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

So capitalization implies supremacy?...That explains Dodge/Cummins, but what about CNN and Cher?...Maybe e e cummings had it right......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What does Cher have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What does Cher have to do with it?
    Cher and CNN both capitalize their names, and both have delusions of supremacy...Probably not the best examples I could come up with, but the first that came to mind...I'll go finish my nap now......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Cher and CNN both capitalize their names, and both have delusions of supremacy...Probably not the best examples I could come up with, but the first that came to mind...I'll go finish my nap now......Ben
    OH----I get it---like FOX
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    OH----I get it---like FOX
    Them too......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Them too......Ben
    I couldn't help it---the devil made me do it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis