Thread: Coronavirus: The New Political Realism

Coronavirus: The New Political Realism

The latest from the White House:

Probably will 'get worse before it gets better': Trump at pandemic briefing - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Buckle up, my friends. When Trump is convinced our Coronavirus will get worse, you know we've got problems. Is this a stop sign? No. Our country will handle it. We simply may be awaiting bad news. Personally, I'm pleased to see our President stepping up to the plate. He's doing what is necessary and needed. Kudos, Mr. President.

To all my friends, may you and your families be safe and well during these times.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Well said sir
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't think Trump was really saying anything we didn't already know. Now if he came with the mask on and wear it more I think more would get the message.

Just another ploy to get voters to him.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Whats the big deal about the Prez wearing a mask? Everyone around him is tested and cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Whats the big deal about the Prez wearing a mask? Everyone around him is tested and cleared.
    He should lead by example.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    That may or may not be the case in the White House bubble, but he has been all over (as in Tulsa) without the protection of the bubble or a mask. It seems the cult convinced themselves that to follow his example was somehow empowering and showed their misguided claim of "rights".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He should lead by example.
    I don't see him as an example... People need to think for them self.

There is an underlying issue here which I fail to understand. Somehow face masks along with many other safeguards became politicized. Face masks became, to many, a facial "bumper sticker" telling the world the wearer is a liberal---and if they are male---suffering from low T on top of that. Bizarre at best

I can't think of any previous phenomenon similar to this