Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Have a Utah Medical Cannabis Card

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Fortunately, I have led a very dull, boring life.. born in a hospital.. 69.5 years went back for a knee replacement (knee experience is a 3 on a scale of 10)..

Dentist.. like Bo, I am not a dentist fan.. Nitrous got me back into regular dental care.. funny story about nitrous.. the dental practice had two dentists.. mine was the Bishop at the local LDS church.. the other was an old flower child and Zappa fan..

When my dentist (His eminence) was out sick .. the Zappa fan fixed a broken filling.. well.. the Zappa dude just took the edge off with the nitrous, like a two beer limit. I was used to the Bishop, he would pump the nitrous with a huge hose.. like pitchers of beer at a Polish wedding.. solved world hunger while he worked his trade.. always thought that the irony was funny..

Zappa.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    About 4 years ago I was run over by a semi-truck, while on my bike, returning to SLC from Las Vegas. I must have had some time on my hands because I was taking the back roads through Ely Nevada, near the ET Highway. There's a great little pub out in the middle of nowhere called the Little A'Le'Inn (Rachel, NV) I usually visit.

Anyways, my full face helmet and full body racing outfit saved me. I had delayed my trip waiting for the outfit - which worked out well, but the outfit bit it, as did the helmet. I broke my face and skull and jaw, and pretty much every bone above the waist. And, because of the significant brain injury, I lost my license to drive - which is the only thing about the accident that really pissed me off.

Hunter
    Damn... What kind of bike were you riding and how did the accident happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Damn... What kind of bike were you riding and how did the accident happen?
    I have seen mention of the accident. I looked for a thread explaining it, buy never saw one. I was curious as well.

I have had a beer at the "A le inn". That was a desolate stretch of road.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What kind of bike were you riding and how did the accident happen?
    I was on my Harley Tri-Glide which I had spent 100's of hours building to, what I considered, perfection. It was a total loss in a pile that measured about 3 inches high after the hit. Dang it, I loved that bike.

How? I'll never know. The only witness was the trucker - who claimed I did everything wrong while breaking every known law. So, the cops of Utah and Nevada wanted my hide nailed to the wall. However, people who know me also know I was a good rider who followed the rules of the road. It just did not make sense - but what could I do when I had no memories of the accident. It took me about a year to clear up the license mess. It all resolved in the end in my favor - but it was a heck of a fight.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I have had a beer at the "A le inn". That was a desolate stretch of road.
    Yeah, it's really an "off the map" experience. Tour operators take people out there to the "mailbox" and the entry to Area 51. I took my wife there once, she said, "Thanks, but I do not need to see that again - ever."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I was on my Harley Tri-Glide which I had spent 100's of hours building to, what I considered, perfection. It was a total loss in a pile that measured about 3 inches high after the hit. Dang it, I loved that bike.

How? I'll never know. The only witness was the trucker - who claimed I did everything wrong while breaking every known law. So, the cops of Utah and Nevada wanted my hide nailed to the wall. However, people who know me also know I was a good rider who followed the rules of the road. It just did not make sense - but what could I do when I had no memories of the accident. It took me about a year to clear up the license mess. It all resolved in the end in my favor - but it was a heck of a fight.

Hunter
    Knowing truckers, since i drove OTR for a few years 30 years ago, my bet is he got bored on the desolate, crappy highway, and fell asleep. I have no appreciation for people like that who make roads more dangerous.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    ...my bet is he got bored on the desolate, crappy highway, and fell asleep.
    Yeah, Scooter, I've considered that scenario as well. I was headed North and he was headed South on the same highway. My bike and the leading left fender of the truck collided and I bounced down the side of the trailer. My wife collected all the accident photos. I looked at them and realized I was lucky, the truck had torn one of the rear wheels off my Tri-Glide.

Actually, if I ever ran into the Trucker again I'd thank him - for calling in the cops and medics - who saved my life. For, that's a gift not many can give me.

Hunter