Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have a Utah Medical Cannabis Card

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We in the Old Dominion are years behind you.. would like to have the option of legal MJ.. we do have it legal in DC and Maryland, twenty minute drive..

I had a knee replacement that “talks to me” constantly.. when in the hospital for the new knee, the overnight nurse overdosed my geezerazz on Oxy.. Spousal unit (an RN) thought that I’d had a stroke when she came in the first morning.. was not fun.. has biased my view of oxy..

Good luck with the new program..

Hint.. watch old Chech and Chong movies.. and try a hunk of Entamans walnut danish ring with fudge ripple ice cream..

As my friends know, my wife and I regularly visit Las Vegas, a 430-mile drive from our house.

To the topic: They've had legal cannabis in Nevada for 2 years. I've looked at it, but it's illegal to bring it across state lines. And, I've been good at adhering to the law - even though I disagree with much of it. Anyways, what I've noticed is that Nevada is allowing Free Market Enterprise to set sales figures and prices. In Las Vegas, I saw a marijuana chocolate bar in a Strip & Sahara location priced at $100.00. That does not work for me and I'm not about to get scammed just because I want to use marijuana. I'm hoping the lower Utah prices will filter over to Nevada. We shall see.

Another development to watch is to see where the Feds end up. I think they'll eventually support cannabis distribution. This will be necessary for us to utilize credit cards (etc.) in marijuana purchases. As it sits, the pharmacies here are all cash. I think dealing in cash only can also increase the chance of robberies.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Last time in Vegas we visited the dispensary just off the strip. It was my first time visiting one and I was shocked to see the amount of security being displayed. Full military type display from private company. While Nurse Paula was off with a sales rep I approached one of the armed guards and asked him about the show of force. His reply was simple "cash business"... meaning there was a LOT on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    try a hunk of Entamans walnut danish ring with fudge ripple ice cream..

I don't need to be high to want that.... thanks

Good luck everyone, I have enjoyed the thread. I'm checking out now because we are approaching my confidentiality limits. I have an interest in the business.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Curt grows.....

Hunter your said a lot but nothing on how it treats your pain. I'm on opioids, heavy! and if I run out of my script early I am one sick puppy. I don't even think of the pain then just the withdrawal from the synthetic heroin. I hate that I can't stop not even for a day but if I could then there would be the pain which is much better than withdrawal but which devil can I live with the longest. I hate pot it actually makes me sick but if I could take a pot pill for the pain that would work, what a novel idea? This new pot does it have withdrawal like opioids? Somebody mentioned the munchies etc... if the results of doing it are the same as smoking it I don't want it but I'd love to get off the heroin so to speak. Keep us informed if you could. As it is now when I end up in the hospital they will not give me my meds as they are prescribed they tell me that they won't be the ones that kill me. So when I'm in the hospital I have to have my pills smuggled in so I don't go into DT's. The DT's are horrible, worst than any pain or sickness. Pot isn't legal yet but I can't get out of bed without something, pot would be a lot better than opioids I think?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Curt grows.....
    As with most things, it's more complicated than that (and I don't like complicated). As things settle down I should be able to add some context. I will say that I was struck by the amount of legal advice required in this industry.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Hunter your said a lot but nothing on how it treats your pain.
    I hear that. Opioids work for me but I just think it'll be healthier to cut back. Yet, I struggle to cut back, because if I'm late on an opioid dose - I pay for it. So, it's easier so far to take opioids every 6 hours. I'll try to cut back on the pain killer as I get used to the marijuana. Frankly, I may fail. I know that - but feel I must try. I'm currently taking 10 mg of Oxycodone 4 times a day. It's the highest dose my doctors will prescribe.

Thus far with taking marijuana, I'm not sure if it helps on pain relief. But, it's a heck of a distraction. I think the euphoria that goes along with marijuana usage helps me forget about the pain, or simply not care as much about it. I'm willing to keep this "testing" up for long enough to form an opinion about it.

Thank you for the comments.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

If you don't mind me asking. What is causing you so much pain? Is it going to be a chronic condition? I took less pain meds when I broke my leg after being released and weaned myself off them in about 12 weeks. I HATE opiods.

As you cut back on the opiods you'll feel it in your muscles. Hot soaking tub helps a LOT!!

It may shock some, but I actually support the idea of medical marijauna. As for recreational use, I am not in favor. I would be curious how it works for your pain. I have constant pain in both hands, and in both knees. It is likely due to what I have done for a living, jumping up and down off trucks and walking endless miles across concrete floors. If it is something that provides relief, I would say go for it. As for opioids, they really do not help me much. I have had shots of morphine that literally I could not tell the difference. I do tend to have a very high pain tolerance, doing fillings and root canals without novocaine. I feel it, but after the first stop, I know what to expect and just psyche myself up.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

We used to have a saying. Pot doesn't take away the pain it just makes you enjoy it more.

What ever works for you to improve your quality of life, just do it.

An FYI: in this Covid 19 environment do edibles. Any form of smoking anything lets the virus do more damage to your lungs
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I do tend to have a very high pain tolerance, doing fillings and root canals without novocaine.
    Oh hell no... I have a very high tolerance to pain as well with the exception of my teeth.. I need heavy sedation just to make a dental appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    If you don't mind me asking. What is causing you so much pain?
    About 4 years ago I was run over by a semi-truck, while on my bike, returning to SLC from Las Vegas. I must have had some time on my hands because I was taking the back roads through Ely Nevada, near the ET Highway. There's a great little pub out in the middle of nowhere called the Little A'Le'Inn (Rachel, NV) I usually visit.

Anyways, my full face helmet and full body racing outfit saved me. I had delayed my trip waiting for the outfit - which worked out well, but the outfit bit it, as did the helmet. I broke my face and skull and jaw, and pretty much every bone above the waist. And, because of the significant brain injury, I lost my license to drive - which is the only thing about the accident that really pissed me off.

Hunter

I have a very good friend who tee boned a van. When they put his head back together (more like a pick and place process) they didn't get his eyes at the same level. He is a private pilot (and also builds his own planes) and they immediately took his pilots license away. When he finally got out of the hospital he quickly realized his vision was greatly impaired. It turned out that his eyes being on two different plains were sending different information and it caused everything to become blurred. It took a long time and more than a little help from his local politicians to finally regain his license.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis