Thread: A history lesson for all you boys and girls

A history lesson for all you boys and girls

A few of us might even recall this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	37526  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    A few of us might even recall this:
    I do recall it...I recall other names being inserted which were just as erroneous in those times as the ones presented today...It's still funny, but it's been around as long as people have forwarded emails without checking for accuracy......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I do recall it...I recall other names being inserted which were just as erroneous in those times as the ones presented today...It's still funny, but it's been around as long as people have forwarded emails without checking for accuracy......Ben
    Some things in humor just need to forgo Snopes
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Good to see Snopes mentioned. It's one of the first checks I do for facts.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Good to see Snopes mentioned. It's one of the first checks I do for facts.

Hunter
    Good thing you do Hunter, since Trump doesn't.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Maybe I should be president - not.

I've worked for politicians for years. And, frankly, I would not do what they do.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I've worked for politicians for years. And, frankly, I would not do what they do.

Hunter
    That's because You have integrity...Politicians have no concept of the word......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...