Thread: Fake president does it again.......

Fake president does it again.......

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...pjpg&auto=webp

'A reenactment type-thing.' Weights at Trump's White House event on deregulation were fake
    David Jackson
    USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Turns out that President Donald Trump's deregulation event was less weighty than it might have appeared.

The White House installed a colorful backdrop on the South Lawn Thursday to demonstrate what Trump said were "crushing" regulatory burdens on the economy: Three massive, anvil-like weights in the bed of a pick-up truck, with another three suspended in mid-air from a large crane.

But the weights didn't actually weigh much.

The White House confirmed the weightless nature of the props – real ones would have damaged the truck – but otherwise declined to comment.

At the event, the Trump team underscored the political meaning of the backdrop with not-so-subtle use of color. The blue pickup, painted with the color associated with Democrats, pointed to the left, was burdened with the weights. The red one, facing right, was weight-free.

The blue truck featured a sign that said "40 Years of Regulatory Burden." The other truck, the one in Republican red, featured a sign that said "4 Years of Regulatory Freedom."

'Regulatory nightmare:' Trump touts environmental policy changes, critics call them 'dire'

Trump's legacy:President is slashing regulations, but only Congress can make it last.

Mark Meade, the owner of the crane company retained by the White House, told DailyMail.com that the weights were "kind of a reenactment-type thing," but declined to provide details because he said he had signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Trump – like other presidents and politicians – have used visual cues to frame an image and drive home a political point. During another regulation event earlier in his presidency, Trump stood next to a massive pile of paper intended to symbolize current federal regulations and – like a mayor at a groundbreaking event – cut a ribbon intended to symbolize the cutting of "red tape."
    President Donald Trump walks past pick-up trucks during a deregulation event Thursday at the White House.

"As you can see behind me, we have removed the gigantic, regulatory burden Americans have been forced to carry for decades," Trump told a group of invited guestsat the event on Thursday.

Social media users compared the weights to those mass objects that Wile E. Coyote used to drop on the Road Runner in the Looney Tunes cartoon of yore.

"Did anyone check behind the weights to see if they had ACME written on them," tweeted a social media account named Andrew Bloom.

But the event also drew criticism from those who said the props were an inappropriate use of federal dollars.

"Your tax dollars at work," tweeted legal analyst Renato Mariotti.

Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Your support of the regulatory state has been demonstrated over the years. And now you suffer under its boot.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Fred also have it on very highly reliable sources that the president pulls from his toilet paper at least three times and flushes the toilet twice.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Fred want's sleepy Joe for President, so all will go well.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    Fred want's sleepy Joe for President, so all will go well.
    I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

This may be your biggest troll yet, Fred.

Fake props? Really? You can do better.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I don't mind the troll. It's a good reminder to all of us not to believe anything we see. We have fake people in stands, fake crowd noises, fake statistics on everything, fake body parts, and every truck commercial on tv is also fake.

Trump didn't invent fake, but he's pretty good at it. Bet he wishes he hadn't spent the last 3 months playing a fake doctor on tv.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    ................Trump didn't invent fake, but he's pretty good at it. Bet he wishes he hadn't spent the last 3 months playing a fake doctor on tv.
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'