----we will have to wait to hear "what's next". I'm just happy for them Indians---if I were one of them I'd be packing up and planning on being out of town by noon

I have been rolling a few fitting options around in my mind, but nothing seems to capture the "essence" of the place entirely.

To avoid any unintentional demeaning of the uninvolved, lots of possibilities seem to take themselves out---they have far too much honor for this "honor".

I did think of a noble name--like the Washington Eagles---but since the one nesting pair at the Woodrow Wilson Bridge seems to have tired of the stench of the swamp and moved on that seems to be an unnecessary insult to the image of the American Bald Eagle.

One that seems to remain on my short list is the Washington Leeches. I deem that an appropriate choice to recognize one of the bottom dwelling swamp critters that can be depended upon to latch onto any passing sod who slithers around in the muck and mire.

But alas---I still struggle with that. The thought of recognizing the vermin rather than the unsung and seldom honored good folk seems an injustice in a town which has far too little already. I discarded Washington Lap Dogs for the same reason.

I'm open to suggestions