Thread: another year is in the books

another year is in the books

I have been sober since July 10th 1981
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

CongRATs on your 39th re-birthday, Eric......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thanks Ben
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Thanks Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Congratulations Eric!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm at 29 years and some odd months I quit right before my wife got pregnant with my youngest daughter who is 28. Congrats Tri, I never thought i"d make it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Congrats guys. About the only time I have something is with eggnog at Christmas and can't remember the lasy time that happened either.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Good deal---hang in there. I still miss, at times like my first coffee in the morning, tobacco, it has been 46 years and it still haunts me.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I still miss, at times like my first coffee in the morning, tobacco, it has been 46 years and it still haunts me.
    I still get the craves for a good cigar or a pipe on occasion, but after all these decades, I can go a little longer...But cigarettes or alcohol?...I'll fight past the gates of Hell to avoid that......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I still get the craves for a good cigar or a pipe on occasion, but after all these decades, I can go a little longer...But cigarettes or alcohol?...I'll fight past the gates of Hell to avoid that......Ben
    The crazy part for me, is that I cannot stand being around cigarette smoke, it's like putting corks in my nostrils
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Cheers guys.... I still enjoy a good Scotch and a fine Cigar on occasions....

Nice work, my friends.

For me, the Medical Marijuana card is now active and works. So, now I have an option to opioids. We all handle pain in our own way.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Cheers guys.... I still enjoy a good Scotch and a fine Cigar on occasions....
    The older I get the less I drink but I still, on occasion, have a sip of Woodford Reserve Bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Nice work, my friends.

For me, the Medical Marijuana card is now active and works. So, now I have an option to opioids. We all handle pain in our own way.

Hunter
    Wish there was a easy non-addictive med for pain.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Nice work, my friends.

Hunter
    I hope it works well for you Hunter. I have been taking CBD oil for maybe a year and know it works for me---if I cut back on the dose I know it within a few days. I just wish it wasn't so expensive