Thread: Covid Vaccine ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Covid Vaccine ?

When one is developed, would you get the shot as a preventative measure?

I have never gotten the Flu shot and am not sure I would get a Covid shot when developed...

I would, since I am in the group that doesn't deal well with this. I also get the flu shot every year and I have had multiple (types) pneumonia shots. I don't recall ever having the flu---but I have had pneumonia at least 4 times---there are something like 99 strains of pneumonia and the shots only cumulatively work against about a third of them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My age says yes.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Damn straigh I would. Having had the flu, I get a flu shot religiously every year. I am a vaccine enthusiast.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

You can bet I'll get one. I've been hospitalized 4 times in the past 5 years with pneumonia so I'm already a candidate for serious Covid. The only year I didn't get a flu shot, I got the flu.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You can bet I'll get one. I've been hospitalized 4 times in the past 5 years with pneumonia so I'm already a candidate for serious Covid. The only year I didn't get a flu shot, I got the flu.
    I was moderately concerned when in the middle of March I was diagnosed with pneumonia again---just as the covid-19 was surging. I came home from NY the day after being diagnosed and haven't been back since. They might have tested me for the covid-19---but they had no test kits
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis