Thread: Colorado Cong 3: Jello Wrestling Update

Colorado Cong 3: Jello Wrestling Update

Ok, so my 4-term Congressman lost in the primary. I have pointed out before that this part of Colorado is populated with libtards, rednecks, malcontents, and pretty much every other sort of caricature of Americana.

Anyway, looks like my fellow goobers have given me a clear option. Caution: this article is clearly biased and is intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek.

Although I consider myself more evolved than my neighbors, I will be the first to buy the wrasslin tickets.

https://coloradotimesrecorder.com/20...-cortez/26599/
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Time for an update.

Well, she made the bigtime with a fluff/hit piece in Politico. She must be a serious contender.

Warshingdon (as my native friends say) is a good place for her. Now if I could just figger out a way to vote for the weatherman in New Mexico also.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ongress-409983

don"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We had that happen with Commonwealth’s Attorney (District Attorney).. an ultra leftie won the primary.. Woosh.. we don’t prosecute any marijuana cases now..

Next election cycle the Blue congressman is being challenged by an ultra left person ( I’m behind the blue wall, there is no GOP candidate) so everyone votes in the primary for “the lesser of two evils”...

Don’t assume anything.. yes, that whacky candidate can win..

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    News flash..

We do have a GOP candidate for the House (VA-10). Just received a flyer in the mail for her.. she doesn’t stand much of a chance..

We used to have the greatest Congressman ever! Tom Davis, he is still on news shows as “an expert”.. He lost his house seat when the district shifted blue and then the state GOP snatched the Senate nomination (was sorta promised to him) to nominate a “good ole boy”, who promptly got his head handed to him in the election..

Oh well..

Since she is now a national figure, another update is in order.

https://the-journal.com/articles/199...tic-on-twitter

. Lauren Boebert, the bombastic new Republican congresswoman from Colorado, has been sued in federal court on allegations that she violated the free speech rights of one of her constituents by blocking the constituent on Twitter.

Bri Buentello, a former Democratic state representative who lives in Pueblo, brought the legal action on Sunday.

Related Stories
    Jan. 15, 2021
    Boebert takes aim at New York Democrat after Capitol tour claims

“Buentello is a concerned citizen, and constituent of Boebert, who has tweeted criticism of Boebert,” says the lawsuit, filed by powerful Denver civil rights lawyer David Lane. “Boebert responded to Buentello’s valid criticism by following the lead of her authoritarian hero – Donald Trump – and blocked Buentello from viewing her Twitter account, replying to her tweets, or otherwise engaging with those who interact within the replies to her tweets.”

Boebert blocked Buentello on her personal Twitter account, but Lane argues that since Boebert uses the account to share official policy positions it is unlawful for her to block constituents from viewing it. Boebert also has an official Twitter account, but it has far fewer followers and is much less active.

“Because of the way Boebert uses @laurenboebert, the account has become an important channel for news about her office and the United States government,” the lawsuit says. “Those who are blocked from the account are impeded in their ability to learn information that is shared only through that account.”

The lawsuit asks the court to compel Boebert to unblock Buentello. It also seeks damages and attorney fees.

Boebert’s congressional office declined to comment.

The legal action is the latest controversy to surround Boebert, who lives in Rifle, since she took office earlier this month. Her personal Twitter account was briefly suspended after she shared baseless claims about Democrats rigging the 2020 presidential election.

Boebert has grabbed national headlines for her desire to carry a handgun in the U.S. Capitol and for her efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Trump’s favor. On Saturday, news broke that Boebert’s spokesman, Ben Goldey, had resigned in the wake of the deadly, Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

Buentello, who filed the legal action, served two years in the Colorado legislature before losing her reelection bid in November. She has been highly critical of Boebert, calling her a “white supremacist and unapologetic fascist.”

Boebert’s 3rd Congressional District spans the Western Slope and sweeps into Pueblo, where Buentello lives.

Tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars have been paid out in Colorado in recent years because elected officials, both Democrats and Republicans, have blocked constituents on social media.

A lawsuit filed against Colorado Senate President Leroy Garcia, D-Pueblo, resulted in a $25,000 settlement. Another legal action brought against former state Sen. Ray Scott, R-Grand Junction, resulted in another $25,000 settlement.

Though there have been at least four settlements in Colorado lawsuits stemming from elected officials blocking constituents, there has not been a court ruling explicitly outlawing the practice. Courts in other states, however, have ruled it unconstitutional for elected officials to block constituents on social media because it impedes their ability and rights to participate in government.

The issue of public officials blocking people on social media has reached the highest office in the U.S., with a federal court ruling that President Donald Trump cannot bar access to his pages.

don"

I'm just going to toss this out---and see what kind of reaction I get. I will preface this, by stipulating that this will unquestionably be seen as sexist---and while I deny being a sexist, I understand the likely reaction.

So---with that, here I go---has anyone else noticed the dominance of females in the wacko boxes on both sides of this political animal---they go from the extreme right to the extreme left---what is that all about?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This is the thread where I end up learning something interesting on this site today. Nice work, gentlemen.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

As a follow up to my "sexist" comment---you can't miss this bimbo a side kick for Curt's entry---and just to maintain a semblance of equal time---all four of the "squad" were reelected.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis