Thread: Leg Cramps

Leg Cramps

If you suffer from night leg cramps---try this.

This was recommended to me by my pharmacist. I have been taking it now (dosage 100 mg/day) for about 6 months, and have seen a dramatic reduction in leg cramps. I just started taking 50 mg/day to see if that will be sufficient. I have had not side effects--other than better sleep
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Is this it?...I've used many OTC products over the years, and back when I still had insurance, quinine sulfate, but nothing has helped on a consistent basis...I'll give this a try, Dave, and if it works you'll have my everlasting gratitude......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That's it Ben!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I eat a half a banana with a spoon full of peanut butter before a ride to prevent cramps.. might help before you go to sleep...

I have tried bananas but without success.

Bananas have certain side effects on some people, as attested to by our upside-down rat a decade or so ago......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

BTW---I take Windmill Brand---probably because that is what my pharmacy has Shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That's it Ben!
    I started taking it, but my leg and finger cramps seem to be cyclic...They come and go for weeks, sometimes months at a time...They had subsided before my shipment from Amazon arrived, but I'll give it a fair test for a year, and see what happens......Ben

My trial with 500 mg was a failure. I am back up to 1000 mg a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My trial with 500 mg was a failure. I am back up to 1000 mg a day.
    I bought the 100 mg capsules so I may not be able to afford this after all......Ben

That bites

Ben----I have some good news---I was wrong!

I realized last night as I was making up my weekly pill regimen that I was off by a factor of 10

I had been taking 100 mg and then went to 50---which did not work for me, so I am back at 100 mg. You have to take them for a period of time before they become fully effective (my guess is about a week). Even the transition from 50 to 100 mg took a few days to kick in.

I hope this helps---sorry for the bad information

I've been taking 100 mg once a day for a few days and I bought a 120 day supply...I'll report the results...Thanks for the update......Ben

Good luck Ben---I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.