Thread: Russia Offers Bounties To Kill American Troops

Russia Offers Bounties To Kill American Troops

If true, and I suspect it is, Trump could be done much sooner than November.

A Russian spy unit paid members of Afghanistan’s Taliban movement to conduct lethal attacks on U.S. troops in that country, according to a classified American intelligence assessment, people familiar with the report said.
    [snip]
    The intelligence assessment regarding Russia’s actions in Afghanistan was delivered to the White House earlier this spring, and until recently had been known only to a handful of officials, a person familiar with it said. Its contents were reported earlier Friday by the New York Times.
    FOX NEWS

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.
    [snip]
    The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.
    NY Times

The President takes no action. Pretty damning!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If true, and I suspect it is, Trump could be done much sooner than November.

FOX NEWS

NY Times

The President takes no action. Pretty damning!
    Hold down. You're going to see bul**** like this all the way up to the election. Nothing they've ever reported has been totally true from any of the sources.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Yes bull roar is bouncing off the walls back in DC.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Hold down. You're going to see bul**** like this all the way up to the election. Nothing they've ever reported has been totally true from any of the sources.
    Why did it take 24 hours for the White House to deny the report?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Why did it take 24 hours for the White House to deny the report?
    Needed clearance from Hannity?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Denying this is pretty difficult outside the cult. Even trump has given up his normal ignorant attack on the NYT and now claims no one told him---right

Don't read this if you want to keep your head in an uncomfortable place.

I think this might be a new form of trump lies

On Friday, the New York Times reported that, according to U.S. intelligence officials, a Russian spy unit secretly offered bounties last year to Taliban-linked militants for the killing of U.S. coalition forces in Afghanistan, including American troops. Per the officials, President Trump was briefed on the intelligence and the U.S. developed a range of possible responses to the significant Russian escalation, including diplomatic efforts and new sanctions, but the White House has not authorized any of them. (The officials didn’t offer any explanation as to why.) On Sunday morning, following outcry over the lack of action to protect U.S. servicemembers, President Trump claimed he hadn’t been told about the Russian operation, and suggested the reported intelligence was “fake news.”

“Nobody briefed or told me, [Vice-President Mike Pence], or Chief of Staff [Mark Meadows] about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians,” Trump wrote on Twitter, “Everybody is denying it & and there have not been many attacks on us.”

Intelligence officials believe that militants did collect some of the bounty money after completing successful operations against coalition forces, but it’s not yet clear if any of the deaths of the 20 American servicemembers who were killed in combat in Afghanistan last year are linked to the Russian operation. The Washington Post also reported that “it was not immediately clear whether the militants approached by Russia as part of the initiative had succeeded in killing Americans or allied forces.”

The National Security Council discussed the intelligence during an interagency meeting at the White House in March, but the Trump administration did not brief U.S. allies about it until this week.

The president, of course, has notoriously dismissed the conclusions of the U.S. intelligence community regarding Russia in the past. According to the Post, the alleged Russian operation “has generated an intense debate within the Trump administration about how best to respond to a troubling new tactic” in light of Trump’s ongoing stance toward the country. According to Trump, he has somehow not been allowed in that loop.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave I would ask that you refrain from calling Trump supporters members of a cult. I find it offensive and a personal attack on all Trump supporters. The use of the word cult has a tremendous negative connotation so again please refrain from using that term.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Sniff......sniff. I'm keeping my powder dry on this one.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

More of the same from a failing administration.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

At least this takes on a new twist (albeit twisted). New lie----he even got the current press lackey to help immortalize this new story----he didn't know---no one told him--they left poor trumpy out in the cold. Curses on that NYT---they are picking on poor trump.

Seriously---trump could not look worse on this one---he was busy watching Fox and Friends and didn't have time to read his brief.

What a self condemnation:
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis