Thread: An informal poll among us CB'ers...

An informal poll among us CB'ers...

After reading this article from the Motley Fool, a question arose for me from this quote:
    A Money/Morning Consult survey in April found that almost half of the 2,200 respondents had spent their stimulus money in less than two weeks, with 74% expected to have used up all of their stimulus in four weeks, or less.
    I'm wondering what the members here did with their payments, if one was received, and how soon it was used...I'm sure we didn't all get the same amount, and some of us may have received nothing...Many individuals and families surely used it immediately, while others may have doled it out sparingly to make it last...

My combined income from Social Security and the vast riches pouring in from the PM trade meant that I got $1200 deposited in my account...It's still there in case the need arises to spend it, but I have no real plans for it other than putting it toward my now outrageous home/auto premiums when they come due again in November...If you got anything in this first handout, how did you use it?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I got a $1200 check (dd) along with my wife by virtue of her job as a skool teacher. I honestly dont remember what the money went toward - there always seems to be something. For example today #2 son center punched a deer (airbag deployed) in his nissan pickup and we have lots of stuff to fix now. Anyway, my guess is we spent it within a week.

Both of my fine upstanding honor students fell thru the cracks and came up empty handed because they are full-time students and they did not file seperately. I have a nephew who got 4 times as much in unemployment (so far)as he made in his menial part time job. Both of my kids are pretty disillusioned with the way things are being run, and frankly don't feel very sorry for us old folks.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I got nothing. Not even a middle finger pointing in my direction.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mine is still in the bank. I didn't need anything so I figured I'd wait for a need instead of a want.
    This is your mind on drugs!

We got nothing, zip , nada , zilch
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I got nothing and unlike some of the members here I have to pay a lot of tax. Happy for those that don't
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Put me in the not getting anything column. And I also pay a lot of taxes, so you are all welcome.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

I used to pay alot of taxes too. And will again soon. I can't wait to I come on here and brag about getting social security.

I really don't know where this thread is going, but put me down in the column as being baffled by the whole thing. I never expected a world where I get stimulated, young impressionable future voters and retirees don't, and unemployment is the best gig in town.

And no end in sight.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I bought new tires for the truck and painted the shop. Left over still in the bank.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Gave half to the food bank. Spent the rest on wine woman [ wife ] and ammo.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Hookers and Blow.....

Sitting in Savings waiting for a couple home improvement projects to happen.

I'm in the same slot as Scooter---zero----which is exactly what I expected---and exactly what I deserved.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-15-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Oddly, my wife and I both got checks.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead