Thread: Movie Reality: NASA names DC HQ after 'Hidden Figure' Mary Jackson

Movie Reality: NASA names DC HQ after 'Hidden Figure' Mary Jackson

NASA names DC HQ after 'Hidden Figure' Mary Jackson, its first Black female engineer:

"Jackson was one of the four Black women whose stories were told in the 2016 book "Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race." That book was then adapted into a major motion picture starring Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer and Janelle Monáe.

Jackson, along with Katherine Johnson, Dr. Christine Darden and Dorothy Vaughan, each received Congressional gold medals, the highest civilian award in the United States, in December, when President Donald Trump signed the “Hidden Figures Congressional Gold Medal Act" into law."
    - Courtney Pomeroy, WJLA

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It's about time the unsung heroes of American history were honored in such a way, regardless of race or ethnicity...One of the most recent I can think of is the naming of one of the US Navy's new aircraft carriers for Doris Miller, a WWII hero I have written of in the past...I'm also glad to see the memorial statue in his honor being erected in Waco, although in light of recent events concerning the toppling of such honors, I suppose it will be torn down by BLM in protest......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

An excellent example, Ben.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead