Thread: Power to the perp

Power to the perp

Looking to add a more suitable carry pistol. Any thoughts on this ?

Springfield Armory XD(M) 10mm Semi-Auto Pistol with Target Rear Sight

Read 57 Reviews
    Write a review
    $699.99
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Too big for me. Hard to conceal. Take a look at the Springfield Armory Hell Cat. 9mm with red dot optics. I love mine.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I sold a lot of Springfield XD's, always good performers...I don't remember the 10mm being available then though...It's a great cartridge if you can handle the muzzle blast and recoil...I once built a .357 Sig 1911 beginning with a 10mm Colt Delta Elite slide I picked on a trade...Just another gun I wish I still had......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I have several Springfield weapons both rifles and pistols and have been very pleased.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, I'm a 9mm fan because of the additional capacity. I started with a .38 in my career and switched to the 9 when I bought my own weapon in 2002.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, I'm a 9mm fan because of the additional capacity. I started with a .38 in my career and switched to the 9 when I bought my own weapon in 2002.

Hunter
    Jeff Cooper once wrote, "One hit with a .45 is worth a thousand misses with a nine"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Jeff Cooper once wrote, "One hit with a .45 is worth a thousand misses with a nine"......Ben

All fine and good for the time, but 9mm has come a long way and one hit with a 9 is worth a thousand misses with a .45 even back when Cooper made his statement. If you can't hit your target, it matters not what caliber you carry.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If you can't hit your target, it matters not what caliber you carry.
    Personal confidence in what you carry plus proficiency are the crucial elements in survival...Caliber is secondary......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Personal confidence in what you carry plus proficiency are the crucial elements in survival...Caliber is secondary......Ben
    Yes sir.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I have pistols in almost every caliber and I actually prefer the 40 caliber. The recall is just a tad more than a 9 mm and the capacity is very comparable. However at this point in time my carry weapon is 9 mm and that's basically because a size and weight. By my bedside I have a Sig Sauer P229 40 caliber. My carry weapon is a Sig Sauer p365. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite pistols of all time it just feels so good in my hand. And I can point shoulder shoot with it without aiming very easily accurately.