Thread: Another move to protect trump

Another move to protect trump

AG Barr on rare occasion seems to show a spark for standing up to trump and his antics----but unfortunately those sparks soon die---and now the light is out:

From this morning's WSJ:

A high-stakes fight over control of the nation’s most prominent federal prosecutor’s office broke out Friday night, as Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman rejected Attorney General William Barr’s assertion that Mr. Berman had resigned from his post.

Mr. Barr said in an email shortly after 9 p.m. Friday that Mr. Berman, whose office has overseen investigations into President Trump’s closest allies, was stepping down. Two hours later, Mr. Berman responded that he only learned he was “‘stepping down’ as United States Attorney” from the press release issued by Mr. Barr’s office.

“I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York,” Mr. Berman said in a statement released by the office spokesman. “I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate. Until then, our investigations will move forward without delay or interruption.”

The exchange—in which a U.S. attorney refused to be fired by his boss, the most powerful figure in American law enforcement—sets up a showdown in the Justice Department several months before a presidential election.

Mr. Trump plans to nominate Jay Clayton, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, as Mr. Berman’s replacement as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, according to a statement issued Friday by the White House. Craig Carpenito, currently the U.S. Attorney in New Jersey, was positioned to serve as acting U.S. Attorney in Manhattan starting July 3, while the Senate considers Mr. Clayton’s nomination, Mr. Barr said.

A 1979 opinion by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel concluded that the president can remove court-appointed U.S. attorneys like Mr. Berman, but the attorney general lacks that power.
    There is no end to trump's unending pursuit of self interest
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wait until the fools want him as King.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Trump has also lost in his efforts to stop Bolton's book. But, his team is counting on the Tulsa Rally to re-energize the campaign.

How Trump plans to turn around his losing campaign: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Hunter

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    OK you guys want him out and will succeed in a little over four years.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

I found it interesting how this came about---following what has become an often repeated pattern. The news of this was released at 9 PM Friday night--and it seems there might not have been any public dismissal of Mr Berman, rather only an announcement of his replacement.

These are classy people folks.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Now king trump is claiming he fired Mr. Berman---the autocrat slithers on.

Anyone want to take wagers on whether or not Jay Clayton, named lap dog in waiting, has signed a prenup?
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-20-2020 at 03:17 PM.

It's obvious Trump is becoming more desperate.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead