Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgraded to a keyless entry for the camper

upgraded to a keyless entry for the camper

Ruth saw that our friends had a keyless entry lock on their camper. Apparently she hates having to carry a key at horse shows so I was commanded to get one. Not cheap but its only a ten minute install followed by 15 more to move the screen door latch out of the way

$250 but it had the best reviews and it was the only one that is all steel no plastic. from RVlock.com

programming the combo is fairly simple once you watch the video (paper instructions are not clear).
    it also has remote fobs if you want to use it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104454516_3594229770594007_741042965258483146_o.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	37452
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

That's neat would have never thought they made those.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I've often considered doing that, but I just couldn't justify the cost. I already have keyless entry on the tow vehicle, so I just leave a trailer key there.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've often considered doing that, but I just couldn't justify the cost. I already have keyless entry on the tow vehicle, so I just leave a trailer key there.
    I wouldn't shell out the bucks either but Ruth said damn the cost I want it installed. Not a battle to be waged. It was a yes dear....
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Understood.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm still struggling to accept and use automobile keyless operations. Go beyond that - and I'm getting lost.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm still struggling to accept and use automobile keyless operations. Go beyond that - and I'm getting lost.

Hunter
    That's my view also...I used to like repairing them, it was good clean well paid work...But my current ride has manual locks, windows, seats and an AM/FM radio...It does have tilt wheel and cruise control...It's just the way I like it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

my biggest peve is auto locking car and truck doors I hate the damn things

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    my biggest peve is auto locking car and truck doors I hate the damn things
    You can disable it in your settings....

My biggest concern with them is being caught with a dead battery---in the car or on the fob. I know, there is a drill to get around that but I would just as soon have a key---unless the lock freezes, I know the key will work.

My first one was on my Corvette and I don't think I have had anything since that did not use the keyless system. The MB is typical German---the fob is both. The start button has a cover over it, pull the cover off and the key ignition switch is exposed, the end of the fob is the key.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My biggest concern with them is being caught with a dead battery---in the car or on the fob. I know, there is a drill to get around that but I would just as soon have a key---unless the lock freezes, I know the key will work.

My first one was on my Corvette and I don't think I have had anything since that did not use the keyless system. The MB is typical German---the fob is both. The start button has a cover over it, pull the cover off and the key ignition switch is exposed, the end of the fob is the key.
    Dave it comes with a manual key too

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Dave it comes with a manual key too
    I assumed that would be the case----but I should add, if my boss told me to do the same----I'd do the same
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Damn it, I'll be the first to admit I now own vehicles I don't understand. It pisses me off to have to pull out a manual to learn how to program a vehicle to do what I want it to do. Whatever happened to just making a vehicle that intuitively works?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Whatever happened to just making a vehicle that intuitively works?

Hunter
    They all got crushed along with the Coors cans to make new Priuses...Priusii?...What is the plural of Prius?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    ...Priusii?...
    Well, if that's inaccurate, I think we should deem it accurate.

Hunter