Thread: upgraded to a keyless entry for the camper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

upgraded to a keyless entry for the camper

Ruth saw that our friends had a keyless entry lock on their camper. Apparently she hates having to carry a key at horse shows so I was commanded to get one. Not cheap but its only a ten minute install followed by 15 more to move the screen door latch out of the way

$250 but it had the best reviews and it was the only one that is all steel no plastic. from RVlock.com

programming the combo is fairly simple once you watch the video (paper instructions are not clear).
    it also has remote fobs if you want to use it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104454516_3594229770594007_741042965258483146_o.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	37452
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

That's neat would have never thought they made those.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I've often considered doing that, but I just couldn't justify the cost. I already have keyless entry on the tow vehicle, so I just leave a trailer key there.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've often considered doing that, but I just couldn't justify the cost. I already have keyless entry on the tow vehicle, so I just leave a trailer key there.
    I wouldn't shell out the bucks either but Ruth said damn the cost I want it installed. Not a battle to be waged. It was a yes dear....
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Understood.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm still struggling to accept and use automobile keyless operations. Go beyond that - and I'm getting lost.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead