Thread: Copper Grill Mats

Copper Grill Mats

Anyone using them? I was given a couple as a gift and am intrigued... First thought is they will be great for grilling veggies but not sure about meats??

Opinions, thoughts, chuckles

I've never heard of them. Let us know how they work for you.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

They are just about a one use item. I got a couple , they work ok but cleaning is a bitch. [ for me at least ]
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I guess I was right in my assumption about veggies ..... I think I'll try some Salmon on one tomorrow night.

While I was researching the copper mats, I came across a method of smoking on a kettle grill called the "snake method". I use the indirect heat method when smoking on a kettle grill, but the snake method looks intriguing. I might have to give it a try if I decide to smoke some meat on the kettle grill again. Not too likely since I have the dedicated smoker, but possible.

Is cooking on copper a good idea? Copper is a strange metal that sometimes reacts to ordinary food items (I have copper sinks at the cabin). I know copper kettles and such have been around for centuries.....since around the time we used to pipe our drinking water in lead. I'm sure there are alloys that are ok, but still.....
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Just a gimmick..... I still want to try a slab of salmon on it tonight though. I think that will be the only time I use it. I think the non stick will be a benefit.

Put some lemon or lime juice on that baby and see if that copper changes color. Where do it go?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.