Thread: Between storms

Between storms

Yesterday we had very bad storms. Winds in excess of 80 mph with hail and rain. We had one big limb come down off a Sunburst Locust and hit the roof of the sun room but seems to not have caused damage to it. This evening we are expecting more of the same---but for now this is the view out of my office window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	411.3 KB 
ID:	37424  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I assume you are working from home. That pic. just gives me another reason to hate you.

The yard looks beautiful.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I assume you are working from home. That pic. just gives me another reason to hate you.

The yard looks beautiful.
    I am working at home. My view from the office looks out over the Hudson River to the west and the East River to the East. While it is very impressive it is not as bucolic as the view from my home office--where I have been now working since mid March.

As for the yard, thank you, but it's well groomed appearance is only secondarily of my doing. While, I did the design and build (with my boys) it has been a number of years since I maintained it. We have a hired man who who lives next door (we work rent on a barter system) and a mowing service on top of that. The hired man maintains and manages the flowers and landscaping.

It is common to see deer and/or turkey in the field below the barn. There are two hens on nests in the woods to the left and we have a herd of about 12 deer that move back and forth between the woods on both sides and can be seen most any morning and again in the afternoon. The herd is dispersed now because of the fawns but will come back together in August. The field below the barn has become their daily meal stop---year round. They are very relaxed when they are here and we are happy to have them. I leave that field a little long in the fall to assure plenty of food over the winter. That has, for the most, part ended damage to shrubs and flowers.

I like my neighbors---they can stop in anytime.

...and thanks to you IV
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That is a beautiful view.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Thank you

We had snow at our resorts yesterday. Man, Winter needs to move on.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It is miserable here. Freeze watch tonight and snow is forecast at the cabin. I volunteered to bring the snow shovel to golf in the morning.

Correction: just went outside and it's SNOWING. I have seen frost on June 2 before, but not snow this late.
    Last edited by CactusCurt; 06-08-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Just keep it there

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    It is miserable here. Freeze watch tonight and snow is forecast at the cabin.
    On the bright side you're paying a lot less to air-condition your house this June than I am...96° with Realfeel at 106° here today......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah - I'm in a house that pretty much absorbs all the smaller weather temperature changes. So, I set the heater to come on if the house is below 70F and the cooler to come on if it's above 80F. That's a 10 degree window Wifey and I are comfortable with. And, it only expends resources (utilities) when necessary. 'Course, individual needs will vary amongst our members.

Hunter