Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just from observation

I think it had to be delayed but I never saw anything to indicate that.
    Bo, these guys have been in quarantine for weeks.

You probably paused it at some point and got a little bit behind.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Bo, these guys have been in quarantine for weeks.
    I'm sure they have been and in a sterile environment as well but at some point there has to be a chance unless the entire support crew has been quarantined in a sterile environment as well.. I'm sure the risk is low but if i was on the ISS right now I'd be thinking twice about opening the hatch when the new crew came a knocking.

While the risk could be higher now than normal---and I am not dismissing what you are saying, the same threat exists in every trip. I have to believe this possibility is very closely managed by NASA. The astronauts on station are believed to have suppressed immune systems.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

They did it...

I'm curious and can't seem find it on line but how does the crew capsule land when they return to earth? The boosters land on a barge but does the crew capsule parachute into the ocean like capsules of the past?

It's a repeat of Mercury. They are planned to land in the Pacific but they do have the capability of landing on dry land.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This might be of interest. SpaceX
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

I just took a minute to check up on these guys. It seemed this was going to be a touch and go when they took off---but apparently not.

so due to the fact that these guys will be in orbit for a few months how many people can we teach to ride horses and rent gorilla suits before they return to earth?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"