Thread: Anyone catch the article on Rudy???

Anyone catch the article on Rudy???

From Rolling Stone .

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...=pocket-newtab

Interesting on their take on Ukraine and Rudy.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Go getem again may with a big club.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Interesting read and I think it to be credible overall. You'd have to be blind to have missed some of Rudy's transformation.

Sadly, Rudy's journey is not unlike similar transformations I have witnessed in business. Without a firm foundation of principles and moral standards we all stand the chance of running amok. At times those "wanderings" are temporary, in others there is no return. I think Rudy falls into the last category. This might be seen as sexist, but it is my experience, many of those transformations come about with the "aid" of a new woman.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A good catch, Fred. I'm a subscriber to the Rolling Stone and wondered if I would see these issues on this site.

For me, Rudy was: "Christened “America’s Mayor,” Giuliani for years was an immensely popular figure who appeared destined for a lucrative, decorated career at the spires of American business and government."
    - Seth Hettena

It's as if Rudy's alliance with Trumpism caused his character traits to fall quickly. But, I think that can be said of many who join Team Trump. They go for short-term gains rather than logical and real plans.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Never closely followed the man, but a lot of this makes sense after his time in office.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'