Thread: In Their Honor

In Their Honor

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-24-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Amen.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Thanks, Dave.

And thank you to all who served, all who gave everything, and the families of both.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My wife and I have been visiting our family graves that are close to home (within 2 hours travel). For they, and their compatriots, cared enough about our country to fight for it.

My Father-in-Law served in the Army in post-war Japan, as part of MacArthur's rebuild effort. My FIL would tell stories about how the elderly Japanese in the streets would bow to an American in uniform to show respect. Interestingly, it caused him to respect the Japanese - seeing how well they handled defeat and the rebuilding effort.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    My wife and I have been visiting our family graves that are close to home (within 2 hours travel). For they, and their compatriots, cared enough about our country to fight for it.

My FIL would tell stories about how the elderly Japanese in the streets would bow to an American in uniform to show respect. Interestingly, it caused him to respect the Japanese - seeing how well they handled defeat and the rebuilding effort.

Hunter
    One thing about authentic respect for another---it is contagious, and seldom not mutual.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yes, well put, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead