Thread: My son bought a new truck yesterday

My son bought a new truck yesterday

He bought a new GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4 x 4. Seems to be a really nice truck. Aesthetically it is beautiful. We'll see how it holds up for the long run
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm guessing a gasser?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

5.3 V8 he doesn't have diesel money
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Nice trucks,, he'll be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    5.3 V8 he doesn't have diesel money
    There's been a lot of advancement in gassers as far as both power and economy...GM was always my choice before I went to diesel......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think he got a really good deal on it the sticker price was 52 Grand plus some change and he got it for 39 grand out the door all charges included and 0% financing to boot. He got a thousand bucks first responder discount and they had a $6,500 rebate deal going on it and the dealer knocked off over Seven Grand so I guess they are ready to move these trucks

Here is a picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	25948.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	37408

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    There's been a lot of advancement in gassers as far as both power and economy...
    Yeah, my new to me 3.5L EcoBoost is rated for 11000# (not that I would ever try to tow that much with a half ton) and my first refill the lie-o-meter stated 21.4 mpg. I did the calculation and came up with 20mpg on the dot. That was a mix of town and freeway driving. Next tank I'm going to drive only in sport mode.. I expect 12mpg

The sticker on my son`s says 17 I told him good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    ..... I expect 12mpg
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Nice ride......Ben

One thing I could not believe is that the truck weighs over 7000 pounds. Damn they are making pick up's big these days.

This is a great time to buy a truck, for the Big 3 are offering considerable price breaks.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead