Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Election..

2020 Election..

So, when will the talk of delaying the election begin? I'm surprised it has not already been a discussion item.

There Constitution does not provide for a delay.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The Constitution does not seem to mean too much to many these days.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

They need to implement on line and mail in voting. Polling places are so old school.... Maybe not this year but future elections... The younger voters don't want to waste time standing in a line for hours,, they just want to open an app and vote.. It's the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    They need to implement on line and mail in voting. Polling places are so old school.... Maybe not this year but future elections... The younger voters don't want to waste time standing in a line for hours,, they just want to open an app and vote.. It's the future.
    Russians the Chinese and the Democrats would love that
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Something needs to change. How will the Russians the Chinese and the Democrats like it when no one shows up to the polls to vote? Arizona is so effed up that we have not had a smooth polling scenario in years. People end up waiting in line in the heat for 6-8 hours to cast a vote... Not the younger generation, they just leave and go home. It's just the boomers in line. The boomers are on the way out, time to adapt.

Progress will happen with or without you.

Not just for voting, but anyone who would wait in line for anything is a damn fool.

Please advise how you would validate on-line or mail-in voting. I would be for it if we could validate who were casting the ballots.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

we have been doing vote by mail for years, You have to sign the ballot, sign the envelope seal and the signatures have to match your signature on file with the Secretary of state from when you registered
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Please advise how you would validate on-line or mail-in voting. I would be for it if we could validate who were casting the ballots.
    I'm not the IT guru, just the visionary. There has to be a way. Maybe we could ask Bill Gates after he gets done profiting from the COVID vaccine.......

Showing up in person to push a button or crank a lever creating a hanging chad has not been working... People are avoiding polling places a lot more.. It's time for a change in my opinion.

I'd rather go to the MVD than a polling location...

I vote by mail. Sure it's in there early so if something happens between the time I mark it and the actual date to someone running it could be a wasted vote.

To be honest in very few cases has an election run down to the last vote. School, fire and other districts win or lose by bigger amounts than 1 person. Same goes for the election of leaders, so mail in works for me.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    we have been doing vote by mail for years, You have to sign the ballot, sign the envelope seal and the signatures have to match your signature on file with the Secretary of state from when you registered
    All of those measures are totally useless unless there are handwriting experts examining every returned envelope and ballot. We both know that doesn't happen.

All of those measures are totally useless unless there are handwriting experts examining every returned envelope and ballot. We both know that doesn't happen.
    here its a computer scan match
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

The simplest solution is to cancel the election and make me king.

The simplest solution is to cancel the election and make me king.
    I'd still rather be the anonymous kingmaker in the background pulling the strings...And right now I'm still behind Phillbo 100%, unless of course I get a better offer in which case I'll dump Phillbo like a bad habit...

(And he doesn't pay any attention to political threads anyway, so I don't worry...)......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Bad habit???