Thread: Annie Glenn

Annie Glenn

..... John Glenn’s widow, died from COVID-19 at 100.

She was a classy lady, God Speed.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sorry to hear.

I have a question though. Did she actually die due to COVID or did she die of old age but tested positive for COVID? There has been some controversy around here lately. There was a kid who died in a car accident but was classified as a COVID death because he tested positive for the virus.

It appears that the cause of death is being classified as COVID in cases where it was not a contributing factor...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Sorry to hear.

I have a question though. Did she actually die due to COVID or did she die of old age but tested positive for COVID? There has been some controversy around here lately. There was a kid who died in a car accident but was classified as a COVID death because he tested positive for the virus.

It appears that the cause of death is being classified as COVID in cases where it was not a contributing factor...
    It's all politics. I wish I could extrapolate, I just have this feeling that there's more going on with the whole mess than what we know or are being told. The kid in the wreck just being another "what the hell" in the whole equation.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    We all gota go sometime, I'm ready, but would still fight the virus for the hell of it.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

One of the park patrol here died of COVID......with a BAC of 0.55. The coroner (who remodled my kitchen one of its many times) challenged the state rules and essentially got the way deaths are counted changed.

The coroner was a celebrity for a couple of weeks. I wish it was because of the COVID statistics but I'm afraid it was because of the homeless Native American with a .55 BAC. Hell, I would have been satisfied if one of the media outlets would have explored why the victims seem to be disproportionately dependent on government health care.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Yeah, getting to 100 years old is cool. I'll bet she had some great stories to tell about her famous son.

God Speed, indeed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, getting to 100 years old is cool. I'll bet she had some great stories to tell about her famous son.

God Speed, indeed.

Hunter
    Annie was John Glenns wife.

A sad side bar to this, and please don't quote me on the exact number of years, but I think it was on their 63 anniversary she buried her husband and partner.

Added in edit: Strike 63, insert 74
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-21-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Annie was John Glenns wife.
    Good to know. And, thank you for the correction.

John Glenn was a hero from my childhood. I was literally in awe of him and his accomplishments.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

He helped shepherd me into engineering.