Thread: I'm sorry to be bringing this in late, but I almost missed it myself

I'm sorry to be bringing this in late, but I almost missed it myself

This is a special concert given in Norway for their "birthday" celebration, which unfortunately is hampered by the virus.

Sissel is not only a gifted singer she is a lovely lady, watch, if you have not heard her before you are in for a treat---and for those who know Sissel---enjoy

As an added bonus--the traditional dress.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A truly gifted singer. If you haven't as yet, you should find her [ on u tube ] singing Shenandoah and Going Home.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

The singer and the Viking sites are news to me. I continue to learn from our members.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Sissel is (IMHO) a stunningly lovely lady, gifted with a fantastic voice. I forget how many languages she speaks and sings in. Her English is almost without accent. I speak six languages---but can't hold a candle to this lady. She makes me very humble as I enjoy her immense talents.

Viking is a cruise line headquartered in Norway. I am not a cruise person---except for Viking--they are first rate in every way. I suspect, after my wife recovers from her next back operation, we might be making another cruise with them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My wife and I had a good time staying in Norway. One of the funny things to us was how everything was food/supplies to the Norwegians.

When we were viewing bear pelts at the market we asked the seller about bears. He said "I saw a 10-footer once." "What did you do," we asked. "Killed and ate it," said he. We had this happen to us each time we asked about a wild animal. "Killed and ate it," was always the response.

Does that bother me? Nope. I think they can kill and eat what they want to kill and eat. I just thought it was remarkable. I also appreciated their adornment of fuel stop buildings. Several big ones were virtual Tropical outposts in the middle of tundra. It was as if you never needed to leave the country to feel and see the Tropics. Another oddity - we drove by many Hydrogen/Electric filling stations for cars. Their government was big on pushing alternatives to dino fuels.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Their government was big on pushing alternatives to dino fuels.
    It is an interesting conundrum for Norwegians. They are very committed to protecting and improving their environment, while the main driver of their economy is oil and gas production.

I hold a fond attraction to Norway and their people---anywhere I can have a choice of smoked, pickled and raw fish for breakfast is on the top of my list.

My wife is of Norwegian descent. She has those round, full cheeks on her face for the look.

Hunter