Thread: mental and physical health day

mental and physical health day

My Bike, for as long as I can remember it has been that one soothing constant in my life. It keeps me healthy. It works my body over, I come home after 2-3 out there exhausted and sore with a grin. It's the one place where I escape everyone else. It's my Zen Place, no phones, no computer, no conversation (except with myself in my head). It's my Walkabout, I never know where I will go as I head out the door. It drives my wife nuts that I have no plan no goal no time line when I ride. I just go where whim takes me and when I return my head is clear and the stress of life is greatly reduced. Today was such a journey

I started one way, slit a tire went home put a new one on and then rode off in an entirely different direction. I rode through vineyards coated in brilliant green leaves, past industrial areas and warehouses, out into the cattle ranches covered with dry brown grass waving in the wind then back into the city.

Huge Bulls out with the Cows, RC airplanes at the grass land airfield, Meadow Larks singing on the fence posts. Hawks circling over head. In the city Families out walking and riding together, It was glorious. I rode 31 miles in two hours

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200516_122017661_HDR.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	378.5 KB 
ID:	37404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98065718_3512752842075034_2743401229219528704_o.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	37405
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I can't wait for my health insurance to kick in next month so i can get back on the single tracks and on my dirt bike again. I've been playing it tame for too long!!

I'm planning to get my knees back in the breeze in the fall as well.

Go for it, TG. I think you are doing well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead