Thread: Performance art...

Performance art...

While researching for a new article, I ran across a performance art form previously unknown to me...Burning pianos are part of aviation culture, and are employed in graduation ceremonies for new pilots dating back to at least WW One, for reasons lost to obscurity...Wikipedia has some explanation for those interested...

Some musicians, such as Yosuke Yama****a (whose name does not seem to pass the word-nanny on our site), now write new compositions specifically for the custom as shown below...It is noted that the musical quality of the piano strings seem to deteriorate in the presence of fiery heat...I just thought it was interesting and thought I'd pass it along...If anyone would like to post more performance art, feel free to add your favorites......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

There are two questions now in my mind:

1. Why would anyone do that
    2. Why in hell did I spend almost 8 minutes watching someone do that

Now you need to watch this one
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    There are two questions now in my mind:

1. Why would anyone do that
    2. Why in hell did I spend almost 8 minutes watching someone do that
    You only had to watch it, just think how much valuable, nay priceless research time I had to expend after finding a reference to "piano burning" and being forced by the scientific creed to which I'm sworn in pursuit of this blind trail...Have a heart, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I don't get it - which means I like it too.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Those Steinway dual disc clutches are notoriously tricky, but a skillful adjustment brought the clutch pedal height back up to normal for her......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    While researching for a new article, I ran across a performance art form previously unknown to me...Burning pianos are part of aviation culture, and are employed in graduation ceremonies for new pilots dating back to at least WW One, for reasons lost to obscurity...Wikipedia has some explanation for those interested...

Some musicians, such as Yosuke Yama****a (whose name does not seem to pass the word-nanny on our site), now write new compositions specifically for the custom as shown below...It is noted that the musical quality of the piano strings seem to deteriorate in the presence of fiery heat...I just thought it was interesting and thought I'd pass it along...If anyone would like to post more performance art, feel free to add your favorites......Ben

That goober needs to take the wind direction into account when he sets up the performance....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    That goober needs to take the wind direction into account when he sets up the performance....
    The Japanese are known to have a death wish......Ben