Thread: Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said:

Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said:

So one was complaining of rain in another thread about the time this was making the rounds on Facebook.

If you weren't there to enjoy the experience here's the book. Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L19WPT8...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

you really need to read some of the comments on Facebook to recall some of those quotes/stories.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Sounds like a book I'd like.

Like most, I hated my Drill Sergeants. But, like most as well, I learned to like them by the end of training. I look back now and cannot understand why many of them participated in such work. For, the hours are awful and, at any one time, there are so many recruits who may want to kill them. And, our Drill Sergeants got up before us and went to bed after us. Heck, if I thought Boot Camp was awful, I'll bet some of them felt the same.

To my Drill Sergeants, Semper Fi, my friends (my Drill Sergeants in the Army were Marines). You've earned our respect, and you continue to earn it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

In Fire I hated my Academy Training Officer at first. Pushups in full gear in the hot sun day one. I felt like he was always trying to wash me out. By the end I was in a Leadership position. I realized years later that he saw some thing in me and wanted to find out if I would crack under pressure. He gave me my first rescue group command. I became good friends with my TOs in later years when they rose to the Chief ranks. They were hard asses with us to keep us and others alive in the field when they determined we were ready. Hell of a job they do
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    He gave me my first rescue group command.
    He didn't give you anything, you earned it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...