My wife is suffering from a very bad case of cabin fever. That has propelled her into digging through closets and cubby holes. This morning she came up with my foot locker! I had forgotten all about it. When I left Korea for Nam the Army let me pack up my things and send them home. I think, but not sure that it all had to fit in one foot locker. While that sounds exciting---it was mostly empty of anything dealing with my service in Korea.

However, other things in that closet have turned out to being more interesting. One, in that category, is my release from active duty certificate, DD Form 256A. Until Ben brought up service documentation back some time ago I never gave it much thought--as far as I knew mine had all been lost along the way. Prodded by Ben, I sent for and received my DD-214 which is now filed away in a file cabinet for safe keeping. Being serious for a moment---we have planned our funerals and the funeral director asked if I were a veteran and asked if I had my DD-214, she will need a copy to get the flag.

Anyway---out of the bowels of this closet came my Honorable Discharge Certificate It is dated June 30, 1968, six years after I was inducted. I had a number of letters of commendation from my civilian handlers at NSA, it would be really wonderful if they showed up---they might help move me to tell my kids and grand kids about my service.

Amazingly, the discharge certificate, which would have come to me when we were living in Indiana, is in very good condition, not folded, spindled our mutilated