Thread: Going to the police range in the morning

Going to the police range in the morning

To see if I can qualify with my new Sig Sauer P320.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

As long as you've been doing this it's a done deal. Relax and have some fun with the new wannabes.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Got rained out he's going to try again tomorrow
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I can't really remember the last time I shot a gun...Probably when I tested a trade-in......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Got rained out he's going to try again tomorrow
    What happens if you have to defend yourself in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What happens if you have to defend yourself in the rain?
    Ahhh... reminds me of my military training at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. If we were in a downpour, that's exactly what our Drill Sergeant would say.

Other than that, training in the rain never bothered me. What did bother me was eating in it. Trying to eat while your plate is filling with water is not pleasant. Yet, we survived (which was apparently the point we were supposed to learn).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ahhh... reminds me of my military training at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. If we were in a downpour, that's exactly what our Drill Sergeant would say.

Other than that, training in the rain never bothered me. What did bother me was eating in it. Trying to eat while your plate is filling with water is not pleasant. Yet, we survived (which was apparently the point we were supposed to learn).

Hunter
    Now that's funny, especially if one hasn't had to live it. Need my t-shirt: Been there , done that.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Before we started using an indoor range the weather made no difference. If it was raining, you got wet. Just like in real life. Now that we use an indoor range it is still the same, but we don't get wet
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I remember doing a full Structure fire drill in a pouring rainstorm. Face mask covered in raindrops. turnouts totally soaked, water running down the sleeves from the wrist to the armpit then down your body. We were out there for 4 hours pulling hose flowing water repacking hose and doing it all over again. And of course when we got back to the station we wiped down the engine, cleaned gear, dried turnouts and changed uniforms and hoped that a call did not come in because no one wanted to get back into wet turnout gear...
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Got it done today. Shot an 83 (takes a 70 to pass). Most of my mistakes were the long range shots and I don't have excellent long range vision. Out of 50 shots 2 were not in the paper. Very pleased with the new P320, low recoil, very accurate (if a good marksman was shooting it), no problems whatsoever with the pistol ran like a machine. My son shot the qualifying regiment with the P320 and shot 94.