Thread: F 150

F 150

Picked up my new (to me ) 2017 F150 3.5L twin turbo Eco Boost. 10 speed tranny and Max tow package. I've only put a few miles on it but I think I'll like it. The electric steering and tranny (always shifting) has been the weirdest think to get use too...

All I can say about Sport Mode is GIDDY UP COWBOY ...

Towing capacity is rated at 11900 which is more than i plan to tow with it.

Tried to upload a pic but it fails.... No clue why.. Maybe a windows 10 thang?

Cool hope you enjoy it and it has a good air conditioner....................
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I can't drive my wifes unless it's in sport mode.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Got the picture to upload....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F150- 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	37386  

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Nice truck!!

What are you doing in Alaska??

My neighbor works for that company. Owner grew up in Alaska. It's more of a motor sports company.

That's a good looking truck, Bo.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Yup---nice ride Bo
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Thanks guys.. First new truck in a long time. Drove the 6.0 Doh into the ground but it was a dang good truck. Never gave me any of the issues that gave it a bad rep....

They just dropped off a loaner while they address a couple check list items. 2020 F 150 Sport... Very little has changed. The only thing I liked better was the console is larger. But that would just mean I'd lose more crap in it.

I would not be able to justify the estimated 30K increase in cost for what is pretty much the same truck.

While I have only driven my 2020 Explorer twice for about 70 miles total---I am surprised at the changes since my last one (2016). The marketing boys dubbed this as all new---a claim I discounted since the package looks the same---but there is some truth in that claim.

There are meaningless changes, like no shift handle---you spin the dial---but there are other more notable changes. The backup camera now has two views, one the normal "mirror" view and the other is a helicopter view (360 deg) which is nice. Acceleration is markedly different. I had a 3.5 L V-6 in the 2016 to a 2.3 L twin turbo that seems to have significantly more snap. They have improved sound isolation and the ride--which is more European in feel. I am sure I will find more as I drive it.

I will add a whine---there are somethings they change just to change---if you have a steering wheel that is fully functional---why mess it up every year---just because! In the 2012, they changed the function of the turn signal handle---why---what the hell was wrong with the way it was for the last 30 years Apparently, that one got a lot of blow back because by 2016 it was back to the "old" function.

Anyway---I think I like it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis