Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
"The captain broke the chain of command" I've heard that over and over but he's being forgiven because he's apparently politically correct. I guess our armed forces are going to hell in a hand basket also?
Actually he emailed ten officers including his direct Superiors and those officers aids

When he fired Crozier, Modly publicly justified the move by saying the letter was sent to “20 or 30” people, something Modly called “just not acceptable.”
But a copy of the letter obtained by The Washington Post last week showed Crozier sent it to the three admirals and copied it to seven captains.
Top officials, including Esper, had not ruled out reinstating Crozier when the Navy’s investigation was complete.
President Trump has suggested that while he believes Crozier should not have sent the letter, the captain’s career shouldn’t be destroyed for a “bad day.”
As of Friday, the Navy reported 856 positive cases of coronavirus among the USS Roosevelt crew, with 112 recovered and four in the hospital. One sailor died last week.

The Navy said Thursday it finished testing the entire crew for the virus, but a "small number" of results are still pending. The Navy has moved 4,234 crew members to shore in Guam.

"One of my constituents whose son serves aboard the Theodore Roosevelt told me that she adamantly believes Capt. Crozier’s actions saved her son’s life," Rep. Joe Courtney (D-Conn.), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee's seapower subpanel, said in a statement Friday.

"As we’ve now seen, over 800 crew members aboard the Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive with cases of the virus, and hundreds of crew members are still in quarantine – that demonstrates that Capt. Crozier exercised sound judgement, and did not ‘panic,’ as was alleged at the time of his firing."