Thread: A-10 Warthog Video The Air Force Tried to Suppress

A-10 Warthog Video The Air Force Tried to Suppress

The U.S. Air Force more than once has practically begged Congress to allow it to retire its roughly 280 A-10 Warthogs, those venerable twin-jet attackers that saved countless soldiers’ lives in Iraq and Afghanistan—and which more recently returned to Iraq to help battle Islamic State.

A short film that the Air Force tried to suppress reveals why axing the A-10 is a bad idea.
    Full Article Video Below:

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My wife was on the a-10 team called "gunsmoke" and an a-10 team in desert storm. She lived in Kobar towers when they used to shoot at the building before they blew it up.

There's probably something on the internet about that gunsmoke team. Never tried looking.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Curt, please thank your wife for her service

Thanks for the video Mike---very interesting.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quarantine Chronicles day ...... whatever.

So, the only thing I could find about "gunsmoke" (on Wiki) was that it was the precursor to "Hawgsmoke". Here is a link to something about that competition.

https://aviationphotodigest.com/hawgsmoke-2018/

My wife was com-nav on her Gunsmoke team. I believe they won the overall one year. She has some cool patches around here somewhere that I really should make an effort to show off. I have stupid chit like trapshooting awards laying around

In the process of looking for this I learned that A-10's have windshield wipers because of all the smoke from the cannons. God bless America.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I assume they just fly through the rest in a hurry. Do they ever smoke screen themselves to where they would miss a target or see a another war plane and not be sure of it's nationality?
    This is your mind on drugs!