Thread: Phoenix police officer shot

Phoenix police officer shot

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-north-phoenix
    https://www.azfamily.com/news/phoeni...8772e9d15.html

Here are two stories about a Phoenix Police Commander that as shot yesterday (sunday night). He was in the final months before retirement and asked to be assigned to the streets for the last few months.
    As hard as I am certain every Police officer being shot is, this one seemed to strike the leadership the hardest. The chief knew him in their first precinct and worked together. Even the PIO was breaking up in the news conference. I also have to give kudos to his wife and four grown children. They worked to put a far more personal face on him. Both clips are worth watching.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

I have a sister in Phoenix - so the coverage of this is appreciated. And, my wife does Facebook memorials for fallen officers, she will be interested as well.

Personally, it concerns me to see this happen to an officer so close to retirement. For, they've worked so hard to get where they are - then, something awful happens. RIP, Commander Carnicle.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

But at least he had requested the assignment. I think it would have been even more awful if he had the assignment forced on him. There are certainly a lot of people a little shell shocked by this. I actually saw the response. My daughter was up in Rexburg, and as we were pulling back into town, from retrieving all her stuff, we saw a lot of police vehicles responding. I knew it was something big, I just did not realize how big.