Thread: A Walk on the Wild Side

A Walk on the Wild Side

The stay at home turns into a months long quarantine . An elderly couple is at the grocery store and observes another person deliberately coughing on the open food and then turning to cough in his direction loudly proclaiming " if I have this virus, Y'all gonna get it to "

The man knowing that the State has a stand your ground law and having been listening to the news decides his and her life is in danger. He whips out his trusty pistola and puts six or seven rounds center mass.

Is he legally safe from prosecution ? . I believe Michael Avenitti will be his lawyer.

Does he walk or spend the rest of his life in prison ?
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Unless the assault (aimed, deliberate coughing) is continuing and near enough to reach the victim, or the shooter can articulate a reason to believe it will continue he has no right to shoot. The shooting would be retaliatory rather than defensive.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Jail time in my opinion....

I went to the grocery store again and saw that they had about 10-12 12 packs of toilet paper on the shelves with a lady there stuffing it all into her cart. Her reply to me was because I need it. About then an employee walked up and said one per customer and she had a fit! I have my rights etc... I grabbed a pack out of her cart and went to check out, she just stood there getting redder and redder.
    This is your mind on drugs!

In the old days before lawyers you would just get your butt whipped for being a jerk. No offence to the lawyers.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    I went to the grocery store again and saw that they had about 10-12 12 packs of toilet paper on the shelves with a lady there stuffing it all into her cart. Her reply to me was because I need it. About then an employee walked up and said one per customer and she had a fit! I have my rights etc... I grabbed a pack out of her cart and went to check out, she just stood there getting redder and redder.
    I've been shopping at two little grocery stores in Quartzsite, the one I went to today had water, not a lot. You could get two one gallon jugs and one 24 pack of bottled water. Was no crowd waiting. Also picked up a pound and a half of ground beef and a nice bottom round roast.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson