Thread: SpaceX Starlink Satellites

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SpaceX Starlink Satellites

I was out in my back yard around 5:30 this morning and saw a very bizarre sight in the sky... Turns out it was 60 SpaceX Satellites flying over..

See the video in this link

https://www.space.com/see-spacex-sta...night-sky.html

I had no clue what it was at the time.....They were slightly more spread out than the video... I wonder if they will pass again tomorrow?

You made that up---they are too far away and too small for you to see ----just kidding, the resident space expert will be along soon to pontificate

Actually, that had to be quiet a sight
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    just kidding, the resident space expert will be along soon to pontificate
    Dave you can belabor this if you choose, however it is a scientific fact that there is no way the human eye could see the structure of the ISS along with it's solar shields. It is a fantasy. The most you would see is the moonlight reflecting off of the ISS while it is traveling north of 17000 miles per hour 250 miles overhead. Phillbo could clearly see the light off of the Space X units but I can tell you he could not see Space X written on them.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I think one of them was a Tesla

I could not distinguished any features. Just objects in the sky.... Really cool to see though. Kind of surreal at first until I realized they had to be satellites since there was no sound of jet engines associated with them. Especially since I was out back to investigate what woke me up from a sound sleep....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I think one of them was a Tesla

I could not distinguished any features. Just objects in the sky.... Really cool to see though. Kind of surreal at first until I realized they had to be satellites since there was no sound of jet engines associated with them. Especially since I was out back to investigate what woke me up from a sound sleep....
    You're very lucky Arizona is a great place to see stuff like that there's all kinds military and odd stuff like that all the time. do you ever get up to Sedona there's some places up there you can look at the sky and feel like you can touch the Milky Way. It's just beautiful
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The night sky in Az isn't what it was. I'm a native of the verde valley a few miles from Sedona. The glow of Phx is prominent in the night sky there. Up here its still amazing.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.