Thread: Unable to Open PDF Documents

Unable to Open PDF Documents

Was sent a PDF file (win 7) and can not open it in Win 10 ... Any solution? I get an error.

you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) to just read them. To edit you need to purchase the full Acrobat
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

The Acrobat Pro costs $15.89/month and allows editing unprotected .pdf documents only. If the document is locked, without the password you cannot edit it.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have Acrobat Reader installed. I believe the file may be bad. I've asked for it to be sent again.

also check to see if there is an update to acrobat reader that you may not have
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

The default reader in my new one was Foxit Reader...When I changed to Win10 on the old Asus computer, PDF files opened in Microsoft Edge...I still use Acrobat because I'm used to it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

There is a bucket load of PDF readers available. There are also a bunch of PDF editors, for pay. Just find one you like.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke