Thread: dang

dang

new pistol I ordered came in today to my FFL. I called and he told me not to hurry background checks were taking 3-4 weeks.............................
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, seems like everything is starting to take a hit around here. My wife and I had trips planned and thought we'd be out on the road. Nope. Looks like we're doing a Sta-cation this Spring.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    new pistol I ordered came in today to my FFL. I called and he told me not to hurry background checks were taking 3-4 weeks.............................
    Is NCIS not working?

Damn! I just realized my suppressor may be delayed even more!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

i am obviously mistaken but, I was under the impression that if YOU HAD a CCP then another background check was not needed.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    i am obviously mistaken but, I was under the impression that if YOU HAD a CCP then another background check was not needed.
    That's the way it is in Texas.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Is NCIS not working?

Damn! I just realized my suppressor may be delayed even more!
    It's working but I was told some go through instantly, while others are being returned "delayed". They said most of the delays were giving a tentative date of sometime in April. A buddy of mine just got his suppressor stamp last week took a little over 9 months.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That's the way it is in Texas.
    From what my FFL told me the ATF put a stop to the practice of clearing the transaction with only a CCP. Everyone is having to be put into the background system.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    From what my FFL told me the ATF put a stop to the practice of clearing the transaction with only a CCP. Everyone is having to be put into the background system.
    Confirmation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It looks like the State of Alabama did it to itself by not having a means to validate a carry permit.

It looks like the State of Alabama did it to itself by not having a means to validate a carry permit.
    Does not surprise me many of the Sheriffs especially in the rural counties hand them out like candy because they are elected officials and 20-30 votes can make the difference in an election. Too bad it has ruined it for all of us.

Agree. Another time the many are paying for the bad actions of the few.

Well I went into town today after attending a funeral and picked up the new Sig and the background check went through in a matter of seconds and I was on my way. This new Sig has a wonderful trigger and an awesome reset I'm really impressed with it. It's the new modular P320.