Thread: Predator 3500 Inverter Generator

Thumbs up Predator 3500 Inverter Generator

So while I've been in Arizona and California I was using my Yamaha EF1000 generator that I purchased in 1993 to charge batteries and run the TV and satellite. I finally tuned it up in December and it was running great, one pull and it started. But by the middle of February it started being hard to start and it finally would not. Pulled the covers and started testing. I found the repair manuals on line. It looks like the coil is gone. Can get one when I get back home for $50.00. What's amazing is just about every part is still available after 27 years.

So against my better judgement I started looking at new generators, I was looking at a new Yamaha or a Honda. But I started looking at reviews and the Predator kept popping up. So when I ran to Phoenix on the 6th I bought one at Harbor Freight. It was on sale for $689.00 and I purchased the one year extended warranty for another $99.00. I have over 107 hours on it and have changed the oil twice just to be safe. I have not had a problem with it and the electric start is nice. I can now power just about everything in the RV. It has two A/C units so only one can run at a time.

Will be nice at the lake because now I can camp on the beach and still have all the luxuries. BTW it's very quiet (57 db) not a contractor generator.

Predator
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Nice, I am still running my ten year old Honda 2000i although with 200 watts of solar charging my two group 31 AGM batteries I only use the Honda when I want to run the AC (Polar Cub 9200) or if the panels are buried by snow
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"