Thread: I did not know this until today...

I did not know this until today...

I get regular emails from a local judge with political and election information...Most of it is just an attempt to sway my vote, and gets discarded, but today there was a link to our county election website, so I took a look...Poking around I found a downloadable list of voters...
    The daily list of persons who vote early by personal appearance will be available by 11 a.m. on the day after the voting occurred.
    The daily list of persons who vote early by mail will be available by 11 a.m. on the day following the day the early voting clerk receives the ballot.
    I knew which day I had participated in early voting, and upon downloading the MS Excel file, I found my name along with all 5,238 voters who participated on that same day...It also listed my home and mailing addresses, which voting precinct I'm in, the date and time I was there and which party primary in which I voted...This explains why a precinct walker for one of the better funded candidates visited me the day before I voted reminding me there was still time to vote early...All this time I thought it was a secret ballot, but I suppose Big Brother is always watching......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Gota go vote for? Oh our supervisor is running, so gota go vote.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.