As the Corona virus edges toward a pandemic, and there seems to be no safe path away from it, I'm wondering how others are thinking of the implications if the world leadership becomes threatened...Pope Francis has now been seen exhibiting some mild symptoms, bringing up the speculation should high ranking government, religious and business leaders contract the disease...
The Vatican has not specified the nature of the pope’s illness, but he was seen coughing and blowing his nose during Ash Wednesday Mass.
Suppose for example that VP Mike Pence became seriously ill, and President Trump was known to be at risk to exposure...If conditions worsened, the prospect of SoH Pelosi becoming President could cause a crippling effect on government...A true pandemic is a horrible concept...My own grandmother died in the Flu Pandemic of 1918, leaving my own Dad to be raised by his grandmother from the age of two until adulthood...

I am not in favor of creating another overlapping layer of government agencies in our lives, but the knee-jerk solution for such quickly publicized events seems to be yet another federal department which, once rooted, never goes away, but only grows in size...I don't have the solution, but maybe the discussion should begin before we're all too sick to talk about it......Ben