Thread: China Dispatches Army of Ducks to Western Border

China Dispatches Army of Ducks to Western Border

China is fighting invading "terrorists" from Pakistan and India (strange bedfellows, eh) with a novel new "army" made up of 100,000 ducks.

A video shared by China’s state-run news site CGTN shows thousands of ducks waddling in legions down a road on their way to face the insects.One Twitter user said the ducks “look like the allies troops here”.

The brown birds, dubbed “duck troops” by Chinese media, have been used to tackle locust infestations before and can be more effective than pesticides.

A resident named Wang, from Xinjiang, told Chinese newspaper Global Times that previous locust outbreaks happened in the end of summer and autumn in the region’s grassland areas.
    SOURCE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Locust-plague-How-China-sent-100-000-ducks-to-fight-worst-locust-attack-in-decades-2325312.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	37275
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Just like the mormons only different
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Interesting, for I did not know that ducks had successfully been used that way before.

Heck, if it works, why not?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    .....Heck, if it works, why not?

Hunter
    Darn right! And when the war is over, you don't have to find them jobs or support systems, you just eat 'em! Yum, duck gumbo!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke