The coming BSOA Bankruptcy action follows a deluge of sex-abuse claims. And, even bankruptcy may not save them.

Some of you may of had similar experiences as me - seeing what my friends were doing in Scouts.

However, the rest of the story was not a good one for me. For, my parents moved to another state - Utah - and BSOA at the time was fully entwined with the LDS Church (fittingly called simply "The Church" in Utah). So, to join the scouts meant meeting at the local Ward house and having a Ward Elder pray for us to open the meeting. Now, my Methodist parents weren't about to go for that. So, I missed out on many neighborhood activities and events.

So - today I hear the BSOA is troubled by a major lawsuit and could go under. And, I was pleased - for about 30 seconds. Then, I thought about all the good this organization does in our world. This was not about me, it's about what's best for our youth. The BSOA can be a big part of that.

My BIL was as intelligent as they come. He whizzed through our education system and garnered Sterling Scholar status. And, he was accepted into a medical/PhD program at age 16 - he was that brilliant. But, he considered his best achievement to be gaining his Eagle Scout rank. He's no longer with us and is dearly missed. He truly was a wonderful man.

Hunter