Thread: When Girls go Bad: Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn

When Girls go Bad: Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn: "You know what they say: behind every successful man is a badass broad."

Yet, she's really not as evil as she wants to be. And, Margot Robbie is an attractive Harley Quinn.

For Birds of Prey, Ms. Quinn has just broken up with The Joker. Though she does do some violence in his honor, she does not act as though breaking up with him impacts who she is and what she does.

She comes out of the dark side of Batman's history, much like The Joker does as well. But, we do not see her spiral into madness like we saw The Joker. Instead, we get the distinct impression she was an outlier of society from the start - and has merely grown badder. She seems to enjoy being bad.

The opening for this film in Salt Lake City seemed to be a non-event. For, there were only 2 other people in the theater to watch Ms. Quinn rule the screen. The editing and sound were exceptionally well done. And, Margot Robbie does not disappoint fans of violent Super Hero films. The music track scores as well.

Those into strong women will appreciate the way Harley kicks ass when people get in her way. But, the violence displayed was as cartoon-like as one would expect from the DC realm.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7713068/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Nurse Paula has a girl crush on Margot so I'm sure we'll be seeing it when it comes out on Red Box...

Well, if Paula is anything like my wife, she'll love it.

Enjoy.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead