Thread: Unbelievable Intelligence Coup By CIA

Unbelievable Intelligence Coup By CIA

Here is a link to a Washington Post story about how the CIA and BND purchased the premier messaging cryptography company and spied on much of the rest of the world's secrets. Amazing story, but I have to wonder how much damage it might cause.

PEEK HERE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Foreign targets were tipped off by the careless statements of public officials including President Ronald Reagan.
    If true, foreign governments acting with their usually reasonable suspicion could have merely fed what they wanted others to hear, including that which their partnered foreign governments wanted broadcast, so that the CIA would be hearing intel that was directed toward them, but not necessarily viable...The CIA, acting with their own reasonable and natural suspicion, would then have been compelled to verify everything they heard in comparison to what was gathered from other clandestine sources...

The cat and mouse game therefore continued unabated as it does to this day...But it was a good coup anyway......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

But the company was dismembered in 2018, liquidated by shareholders whose identities have been permanently shielded by the byzantine laws of Liechtenstein, a tiny European nation with a Cayman Islands-like reputation for financial secrecy.
    For those who have never been there, Liechtenstein is so small that when I visited there in the late 60's, I could see the other border crossing on my itinerary as I entered the country...My Dad would have referred to the nation as a "wide place in the road," probably saying, "if you blink your eyes, you'll miss it"...We were in a hurry to get to our destination in Austria from Switzerland, and didn't visit long...My entire experience in Liechtenstein probably didn't last over half an hour...

But after reading the article, I now see why the country has existed so long in its sovereignty without being absorbed into another nation...After all, bidness is bidness......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...