Thread: A new message

A new message

Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Very good production. Now he needs to edit it to TV commercial length.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I was getting ready to comment on Ben's sig line and on the way listened to this first, very inspiring. I sat for a bit and did some thinking and wondering about where the America Trump talks about went. In my opinion it's as Ben's sig points out; Principals! We as a nation may or may not have principals but what we don't have any more is the backbone to stand up and fight for those principals. For what ever the reason In My Opinion that is one of the things we have lost.
    if we do not possess the courage and valor to defend these principles at any cost.
    Bens sig;“I firmly believe that it is not wise and statesmanly for our leaders, in this their darkest hour, to teach our people to avoid sufferings and hardships at the sacrifice of fundamental principles of government and the democratic way of life. On the contrary, it is their bounden duty and responsibility to inspire our people to willingly undergo any kind of difficulties and sacrifices for the sake of noble principles that they nourish deep in their hearts. Instead of depressing their patriotic ardor, the people should be inspired to be brave and courageous under all kinds of hardships and difficulties in defense of what they consider righteous and just. We shall never win or deserve the esteem and respect of other nations if we lack principles and if we do not possess the courage and valor to defend these principles at any cost.” - Tomás Confesor, Governor of Iloilo...
    This is your mind on drugs!

Hey, the video starts with an overhead shot of Monument Valley in Utah - so it works for me.

Oh, yeah, and Ben's nailed it as usual, as mgrist points out.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You can see monument valley from my house. Sorta, you actually have to go a mile down the road.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    You can see monument valley from my house.
    Excellent. It's a 4-hour drive for me, and well worth it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead