Thread: Robert Conrad Has Passed Away

Robert Conrad Has Passed Away

Robert Conrad who played Jim West in the "Wild Wild West" and Pappy Boyington in "Baa Baa Black Sheep" has passed away at the age of 84. I really liked both of those shows. Rest in Peace.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Damn, that's sad that Conrad has died. He was my idol when I was a child. Whenever playing in the forest I'd pretend I was James West.

About 40 years ago I saw Conrad at an exhibition - probably at the old Cow Palace. I lived in Daly City at the time. For some reason he was doing a physical exhibit - where he climbed a wall with those old peg boards from a gym. He moved up and down that peg board like he was weightless. It really impressed me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Another one of my favorites...RIP...... Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Conrad another of my favorites that can't be replaced. I keep seeing my old heroes dying, Douglas last week, but I don't see anyone filling their shoes. Different times different tastes I guess. RIP guys
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    I keep seeing my old heroes dying...
    That's how I feel - like I'm out-living all the heroes I grew up with. I guess when we're eventually the only ones left - it's probably our time to go as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead