Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of these days Alice---one of these days

No---they have all been updated, but many are still MB. As you probably know they are stripped down models never seen in this country. Things like electric windows and locks aren't even included--although I have to confess it has been more than a few years since I have been in a German cab---I prefer to do it myself

We had a local "celebrity" close by that worked at the US Mint in Philadelphia and drove the same car for more than 20 years (diesel) and when very cold would let it run all day. The last I heard it was way past a million miles.

I have to confess that the old MBs were, for the most part, real dogs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

If I remember my numerology right, the most commonly seen sedans were 190's and 200's...I had a flight sergeant who bought an ex-taxicab 200 diesel, and was known to collect JP-4 drippings from overflow tubes on our aircraft, and pour it in his tank......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think you are correct---it was long before the letter class designation came along.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Wowzers.. what a beauty!z
    Years ago a writer for Auto Week (RIP Auto Week).. said that when you get the urge to buy.. reduce your tire pressure by half, get a shoe box full of $5.00 bills and drive around town.. every time you pass a storm sewer, throw a $5.00 bill down it.. the urge to buy will soon pass and it will be cheaper than actually buying it..

Oops that was for an Italian car..

British cars are fun.. but Not as much fun as the Wentworth and Lucas daze..